NSP II Dissemination
- Ackerman-Barger, K., DeWitty, V. P., Cooper, J., Anderson, M. R. (2020) An innovative approach to advancing academic success for underrepresented nursing students using the collective impact model, Nursing Education Perspectives, 41(5), 299-300.
- Allan, J. & Aldebron, J. (2008). A systematic assessment of strategies to address the nursing faculty shortage. Nursing Outlook, 56(6), 286-297.
- Allan, J. D., Crowley, C., Ports, S. M. & Aldebron, J. (2010). Developing a Statewide Solution to the Faculty Shortage in Maryland. Journal of Nursing Regulation,1(3), 15-19.
- Allen, K.D., DiBartolo, M.C., Welsh, D.L., & Brown, V. (2015). Design of a medical triage evidence-based clinical management protocol and implementation of medical triage on-line training for use by Mission of Mercy volunteers. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 32(4), 218-230.
- Beroz, S. (2017). A statewide survey of simulation practices using NCSBN simulation guidelines. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 13(6), 270–277.
- Beroz, S., Schneidereith, T., Farina, C., Daniels, A., Dawson, L., Watties-Daniels, D. & Sullivan, N. (2019). A statewide curriculum model for teaching simulation education leaders. Nurse Educator, 45(1), 56–60.
- Buckley, K., Idzik, S., Bingham, D., Windemuth, & B., Bindon, S.L. (2019). Structuring Doctor of Nursing Practice project courses to facilitate success and ensure rigor. Journal of Professional Nursing, 36(4), 206-211.
- Burgess, A., Buc, H.M. & Brennan, J.M. (2018). Using a complex patient management scenario to help bridge the education-practice gap. Nursing Education Perspectives, 39(2), 116-118.
- Burgess, A. & Medina-Smuck, M. (2018). Collaborative testing using quizzes as a method to improve undergraduate nursing student engagement and interaction. Nursing Education Perspectives, 39(3), 178-179.
- Busch, D.W., Silbert-Flagg, J.,Ryngaert, M.R. & Scott, A. (2019). NAPNAP position statement on breastfeeding. National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, 33(1), A11-A15.
- Busch, D & Silbert-Flagg, J. (2018). Opioid use dependency in the mother who desires to breastfeed her newborn: a case study. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 32, 223-230.
- Cirelli, J., Clymer, B., Burgess, A., Aguilar, J., Bell, T. & Goodstein, M. (2018). Evaluation of nursing school educators' knowledge and attitudes regarding infant sleep safety. Nursing Education Perspectives, 39(4), E7-E13.
- Cooper, J. & Zimmerman, W. (2017). The effect of a faith community nurse network and pubic health collaboration on hypertension prevention and control. Public Health Nurse, 34(5), 444–453.
- Danner, M. & Preston, L.C. (2014). Development of accelerated options in an associate degree nursing program. Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 9(2), 80-83.
- Daw, P., Ford, K., Seldomridge, L. & D’Aoust, R. (2021). Increasing Faculty with CNE® Certification: A Statewide Initiative, Nursing Education Perspectives. (Accepted for Publication)
- Daw, P., Mills, M.E. & Seldomridge, L. (2021). The Maryland Nurse Support Program II: A Program Evaluation of Faculty Workforce Initiative, Nursing Economics, 39(2), 78-89.
- Daw, P., Seldomridge, L., Mills, M.E. & D’Aoust, R. (2021). The Maryland Graduate Nurse Faculty Scholarship: Program Evaluation of a Nurse Faculty Workforce Initiative, Nursing Economics (Accepted for publication)
- Daw, P., Seldomridge, L., Battistoni, S. & Belcher, A. (2018). Increasing the number of nurse faculty with doctoral degrees: Outcomes of the Maryland nurse educator doctoral grant program 2013-2018. Nursing Economics, 36(5), 213-218.
- Daw, P., Mills, M.E. & Ibarra, O. (2018). Investing in the future of nurse faculty: A state-level program evaluation. Nursing Economics, 36(2), 59-66, 82.
- Daw, P. & Terhaar, M. (2017). Program evaluation of a nursing workforce intervention: The Maryland Nurse Support Program II. Nursing Economics, 35(1), 14-20.
- Flagg, J. & Busch, D.W. (2019). Utilizing a risk factor approach to identify potential breastfeeding problems. Global Pediatric Health, 6,1-5.
- Hall, N., Klein, V., Betts, K. & DeRanieri, J. (2018). Speaking up: Fostering "silence breaking" through leadership. Nursing Management, 49(6), 51-53.
- Hall, N., Seldomridge, L., Freda, K., Jarosinski, J., Reid, T. (2020). Salisbury University: Maryland Advanced Faculty Academy and Mentorship Initiative. The Maryland Nurse News and Journal.
- Hinderer, K., DiBartolo, M.& Walsh, C. (2014). HESI admission assessment (A2) exam scores, program progression, and NCLEX-RN success in baccalaureate nursing: an exploratory study of dependable academic indicators of success. Journal of Professional Nursing, 30(5):436-42. doi: 10.1016/j.profnurs. 2014.01.007
- Hinderer, K., Jarosinski, J., Seldomridge, L., & Reid, T. (in press). From expert clinician to nurse educator: Outcomes of a faculty academy initiative. Nurse Educator, 41(4), 194–198.
- Jarosinski, J., Seldomridge, L., Reid, T. & Hinderer, K. (2020)." Learning how to teach" in nursing: Perspectives of clinicians after a formal academy. Nurse Educator, 45(1), 51-55.
- Jeffries, P., Rose, L., Belcher, A., Dang, D., Hochuli, J, Fleischman, D., Gerson, L., Greene, M,Jordan, E.,Krohn,V., Sartorius-Merganthaler, S. & Walrather, J. (2013). A clinical academic practice partnership: a clinical education redesign. Journal of Professional Nursing, 29(3), 128-136.
- Johnson, A., Freda, K., Seldomridge, L. (2020). Lead Nursing Forward.org Website Addressing the Maryland Nursing Faculty Shortage. The Maryland Nurse News and Journal
- Klima, D., Hinderer, K., Freda, K., Winter, D. & Joyner, R. (2014). Interprofessional collaboration between two rural institutions: a simulated teaching laboratory paradigm. Respiratory Care Education Annual, 23, 45-48.
- McCloud, M.B. & Barosso, J. (2021) Experiences of Pregnant Women With Obesity, Nursing for Women's Health, 25 (3), 179-186 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nwh.2021.03.004.
- Mills, M.E., Hickman, L.J., & Warren, J.I. (2014). Developing dual role nursing staff-clinical instructor: A Partnership model. Journal of Nursing Administration, 44 (2), 65-67. (Appendix A).
- Moore-Hebron, A., Darden, S. & Hinds-Jackson, D. (2018). Genitourinary complaints in young adults: A sheep in wolf's clothing. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 14(10), e217-e225.
- Obizoba, C. (2018). Mitigating the challenges of objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) in nursing education: A phenomenological research study. Nurse Education Today, 68,71-74.
- Perry, N., & Koharchik, L. (2014). Impact of faculty development sessions to increase faculty competency with supervision of medication administration in an associate degree program, teaching and learning in nursing.
- Persaud, S. (2019). Addressing unconscious bias: a nurse leader's role. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 43(2), 130-137.doi: 10.1097/NAQ.0000000000000348
- Rawlett, K., Friedmann, E. & Thomas, S. (2019). Mindfulness based intervention with an attentional comparison group in at risk young adolescents: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Integrative Medicine Research, 8, 101-106.
- Reid, T., Hinderer, K., Jarosinski, J., Mister, B. & Seldomridge, L. (2013). Expert clinician to clinical teacher: developing a faculty academy and mentoring initiative. Nurse Education in Practice, 13(4), 288-293.
- Roderick, M., Speroni, K., Stafford, A., & Seibert, D. (2017). Pilot evaluation of isolation patient's perceptions on ability to identify types of health care workers when wearing isolation gowns. American Journal of Infection Control, 45(3), 324-326.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Society, Reflections on Nursing Leadership: From clinician to educator: Supportive mentoring is key (2018) Lisa Seldomridge and Judith Jarosinski presented “A Structured Mentorship Program to Support Expert Clinicians in New Roles as Clinical Faculty” on Sunday, 30 July 2017, at the 28th International Nursing Research Congress in Dublin, Ireland.
- Smith, N.M. & Satyshur, R.D. (2016). Pediatric diabetes telemedicine program improves access to care for rural families: Role of APRNs. Pediatric Nursing, 42(6), 294-299.
- Snyder, B.L. (2018). Women with dissociative identity disorders who experience intimate partner violence. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing, 56(5), 26-32.
- Snyder, B.L. (2016). Women's experience of being interviewed about abuse: a qualitative systematic review. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 23(9-10), 605-613.
- Warren, J. & Mills, M. (2009). Motivating registered nurses to return for an advanced degree. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 40(5), 200-207.
- Willey, J. A. (2013). Viewing eCare through nurses' eyes: A phenomenological study. (Order No. 3578023. University of Phoenix). ProQuest Dissertations and Theses, 144.
- Webster, D. (2019). Lights, camera, action: Lessons learned from a nursing and theater collaboration. Journal of Nursing Education, 58 (6), 369-371.
- Westerfield, H.V. & Stafford, A.B. (2012). Patient's perceptions of patient care providers with tattoos and/or body piercings. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 42(3), 160-164.
Recent articles in Nursing Economic$
*reprint articles only with permission of Nursing Economic$
*for education purposes only, reprint by permission of Journal of Nursing Regulation
Annotated Code of Maryland, Education Article § 11-405. Nurse Support Program Assistance Fund , [2006, chs. 221, 222.,2016]
MNA Education Summit 4.17.2021
NSP II PPT
Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN) 2020 Convention
Associate to Bachelor's (ATB) Dual Enrollment Model: Outcomes Eight Years Post Implementation in a Large ADN Program
Karen A. Wons, MS, RN, CNE, Community College of Baltimore County
NSP II Project Director's Meeting: October 16, 2020
- 17-102 Community College of Baltimore County: Expanded Pathways to the BSN: ATB 1-2-3
- 17-117 University of Maryland: Development and Implementation of a Collaborative Nurse Practitioner Clinical Training Program
- 18-101 Anne Arundel Community College: Associate to Bachelor's Degree (ATB) Pathways Program
- 18-107 Frostburg State University: Implementation of the Nurse Practitioner Program in Western Maryland
- 19-119 Towson University: Increasing the Supply of Qualified Nurse Faculty
- 19-125 University of Maryland: Advancing Implementation and Improvement Science Education
- 20-120 Towson University: Entry Level Master’s of Science In Nursing
- 20-123 University of Maryland: Building Clinical Nursing Faculty Competency in Maryland
- 21-110 Johns Hopkins University: DNP in Nurse Anesthesiology
- 21-114 Morgan State University: Statewide Student Mentoring Initiative/Implementation of the RWJ-AACN Mentoring Toolkit
- 21-117 University of Maryland: Care Coordination Education-to-Practice Scale-Up Implementation
- 21-205 Salisbury University: Cohen Scholars
- 21-206 University of Maryland: Cohen Scholars
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: December 13, 2019
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: June 24, 2019
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: March 8, 2019
- NSP II 16-112: Johns Hopkins University: SPAN
- NSP II 16-126: Wor-Wic Community College: Center for Academic and Career Success in Nursing (CACSIN)
- NSP II 16-703: University of Maryland: Nurse Leadership Institute
- NSP II 16-803: Salisbury University: Eastern Shore Faculty Academy & Mentorship Initiative (ESFAMI)
- NSP II 17-102: Community College of Baltimore County: Expanded Pathways to the BSN 1, 2, 3
- NSP II 17-104: Chesapeake College: Academic Progressions in Nursing
- NSP II 18-101: Anne Arundel Community College: Academic Progression RN to BSN/MSN
- NSP II 18-120: Salisbury University: Toolkits to Enhance Communication Skills for Leadership Development in Nursing Students and RNs on the Eastern Shore of Maryland
- NSP II 18-121: Salisbury University: Maryland Nurse Educator Career Portal (ECAP)
- NSP II 19-106 & 16-111: Harford Community College: Cecil-Harford Academic Progression in Nursing
- NSP II 19-107 & 17-106: Hood College: Increasing Capacity for Pre-licensure Graduatess
- NSP II 19-116: Notre Dame of Maryland University: Accelerated Second Degree BSN
- NSP II 19-119: Towson University: Increasing the Supply of Qualified Nurse Faculty
- NSP II 19-120 & 16-118: Towson University: APIN/online
- NSP II 19-123: University of Maryland: PTECH @ Dunbar High School for Health Professions with BCCC
- NSP II 19-125: University of Maryland: AdvISE
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: June 24, 2018
- NSP II 16-111: Harford Community College: Cecil-Harford Academic Progression in Nursing Initiative
- NSP II 16-114 & 17-127: Montgomery College ADN-BSN and M2ADN
- NSP II 16-115 & 17-108: Morgan State University: NCLEX & CCNE Progress
- NSP II 16-124 & 17-120: University of Maryland: Faculty Mentorship
- NSP II 16-803: Salisbury University: Eastern Shore Faculty Academy & Mentorship Initiative
- NSP II 17-102: Community College of Baltimore County: Associate to Bachelor's
- NSP II 17-110: Notre Dame of Maryland University: RN to BSN Curriculum Revisions to Expand Delivery Options
- NSP II 17-115: University of Maryland: Care Coordination
- NSP II 17-117: University of Maryland: Development & Implementation of a Collaborative Nurse Practitioner Clinical Training Program
- NSP II 18-114: Johns Hopkins University: Peds Simulation Telepresence Robotics
- NSP II 18-121: Salisbury University: Maryland Nurse Educator Career Portal
- NSP II 18-122: Towson University: Collaborative Partnership Program (CaPP)
- NSP II 18-127: University of Maryland: Preparing Clinical Faculty
Salisbury University Awards Ceremony: April 25, 2018
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: June 16, 2017
- NSP II 16-101: Baltimore City Community College: Nursing 4.0
- NSP II 16-102: Bowie State University: Nursing Student Success Center (NSSC)
- NSP II 17-114: Stevenson University: Progress Through Partnerships: Increasing the Number of Baccalaureate & Master's Prepared Nurses in Maryland
- NSP II 17-121: University of Maryland: FNP Expansion to Universities at Shady Grove
- NSP II 17-123: University of Maryland: RUSH (Recruit, Unite, Support, Hire)
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: October 2, 2015
- NSP II Project Directors Presentation
- NSP II 12-113: Salisbury University: ES-FAMI
- NSP II 12-115 & 14-112: Stevenson University: Shared Simulation Educators
- NSP II 13-102: Coppin State University: Operation Success Initiative
- NSP II 13-110: Salisbury University: Expediting Doctoral Education
- NSP II 14-102: The Community College of Baltimore County: ATB Program
- NSP II 14-112 & 16-124: University of Maryland: Preparing & Mentoring Faculty
- NSP II 15-118: Salisbury University: Faculty Toolkits
- NSP II 16-112: John Hopkins University: SPAN
- NSP II 16-117: Salisbury University: ES-WSFI