NSP II Dissemination
- Ackerman-Barger, K., DeWitty, V. P., Cooper, J., Anderson, M. R. (2020) An innovative approach to advancing academic success for underrepresented nursing students using the collective impact model, Nursing Education Perspectives, 41(5), 299-300.
- Allan, J. & Aldebron, J. (2008). A systematic assessment of strategies to address the nursing faculty shortage. Nursing Outlook, 56(6), 286-297.
- Allan, J. D., Crowley, C., Ports, S. M. & Aldebron, J. (2010). Developing a Statewide Solution to the Faculty Shortage in Maryland. Journal of Nursing Regulation,1(3), 15-19.
- Allen, K.D., DiBartolo, M.C., Welsh, D.L., & Brown, V. (2015). Design of a medical triage evidence-based clinical management protocol and implementation of medical triage on-line training for use by Mission of Mercy volunteers. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 32(4), 218-230.
- Beroz, S. (2017). A statewide survey of simulation practices using NCSBN simulation guidelines. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 13(6), 270–277.
- Beroz, S., Schneidereith, T., Farina, C., Daniels, A., Dawson, L., Watties-Daniels, D. & Sullivan, N. (2019). A statewide curriculum model for teaching simulation education leaders. Nurse Educator, 45(1), 56–60.
- Buckley, K., Idzik, S., Bingham, D., Windemuth, & B., Bindon, S.L. (2019). Structuring Doctor of Nursing Practice project courses to facilitate success and ensure rigor. Journal of Professional Nursing, 36(4), 206-211.
- Burgess, A., Buc, H.M. & Brennan, J.M. (2018). Using a complex patient management scenario to help bridge the education-practice gap. Nursing Education Perspectives, 39(2), 116-118.
- Burgess, A. & Medina-Smuck, M. (2018). Collaborative testing using quizzes as a method to improve undergraduate nursing student engagement and interaction. Nursing Education Perspectives, 39(3), 178-179.
- Busch, D.W., Silbert-Flagg, J.,Ryngaert, M.R. & Scott, A. (2019). NAPNAP position statement on breastfeeding. National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, 33(1), A11-A15.
- Busch, D & Silbert-Flagg, J. (2018). Opioid use dependency in the mother who desires to breastfeed her newborn: a case study. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 32, 223-230.
- Cirelli, J., Clymer, B., Burgess, A., Aguilar, J., Bell, T. & Goodstein, M. (2018). Evaluation of nursing school educators' knowledge and attitudes regarding infant sleep safety. Nursing Education Perspectives, 39(4), E7-E13.
- Cooper, J. & Zimmerman, W. (2017). The effect of a faith community nurse network and pubic health collaboration on hypertension prevention and control. Public Health Nurse, 34(5), 444–453.
- Danner, M. & Preston, L.C. (2014). Development of accelerated options in an associate degree nursing program. Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 9(2), 80-83.
- Daw, P., Seldomridge, L., Ford, K., & D’Aoust, R. (2021). Increasing Faculty with CNE® Certification: A Statewide Initiative, Nursing Education Perspectives, 43(1):63-65. doi: 10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000000924. PMID: 34897203.
- Daw, P., Mills, M.E. & Seldomridge, L. (2021). The Maryland Nurse Support Program II: A Program Evaluation of Faculty Workforce Initiative, Nursing Economics, 39(2), 78-89.
- Daw, P., Seldomridge, L., Mills, M.E. & D’Aoust, R. (2021). The Maryland Graduate Nurse Faculty Scholarship: Program Evaluation of a Nurse Faculty Workforce Initiative, Nursing Economics (Accepted for publication)
- Daw, P., Seldomridge, L., Battistoni, S. & Belcher, A. (2018). Increasing the number of nurse faculty with doctoral degrees: Outcomes of the Maryland nurse educator doctoral grant program 2013-2018. Nursing Economics, 36(5), 213-218.
- Daw, P., Mills, M.E. & Ibarra, O. (2018). Investing in the future of nurse faculty: A state-level program evaluation. Nursing Economics, 36(2), 59-66, 82.
- Daw, P. & Terhaar, M. (2017). Program evaluation of a nursing workforce intervention: The Maryland Nurse Support Program II. Nursing Economics, 35(1), 14-20.
- Flagg, J. & Busch, D.W. (2019). Utilizing a risk factor approach to identify potential breastfeeding problems. Global Pediatric Health, 6,1-5.
- Hall, N., Klein, V., Betts, K. & DeRanieri, J. (2018). Speaking up: Fostering "silence breaking" through leadership. Nursing Management, 49(6), 51-53.
- Hall, N., Seldomridge, L., Freda, K., Jarosinski, J., Reid, T. (2020). Salisbury University: Maryland Advanced Faculty Academy and Mentorship Initiative. The Maryland Nurse News and Journal.
- Hinderer, K., DiBartolo, M.& Walsh, C. (2014). HESI admission assessment (A2) exam scores, program progression, and NCLEX-RN success in baccalaureate nursing: an exploratory study of dependable academic indicators of success. Journal of Professional Nursing, 30(5):436-42. doi: 10.1016/j.profnurs. 2014.01.007
- Hinderer, K., Jarosinski, J., Seldomridge, L., & Reid, T. (in press). From expert clinician to nurse educator: Outcomes of a faculty academy initiative. Nurse Educator, 41(4), 194–198.
- Jarosinski, J., Seldomridge, L., Reid, T. & Hinderer, K. (2020)." Learning how to teach" in nursing: Perspectives of clinicians after a formal academy. Nurse Educator, 45(1), 51-55.
- Jarosinski, JM, Seldomridge, L., Reid, TP & Willey, J. Nurse faculty shortage: voices of nursing program administrators. Nurse Educator, 2021. doi: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000001139.
- Jeffries, P., Rose, L., Belcher, A., Dang, D., Hochuli, J, Fleischman, D., Gerson, L., Greene, M,Jordan, E.,Krohn,V., Sartorius-Merganthaler, S. & Walrather, J. (2013). A clinical academic practice partnership: a clinical education redesign. Journal of Professional Nursing, 29(3), 128-136.
- Johnson, A., Freda, K., Seldomridge, L. (2020). Lead Nursing Forward.org Website Addressing the Maryland Nursing Faculty Shortage. The Maryland Nurse News and Journal
- Klima, D., Hinderer, K., Freda, K., Winter, D. & Joyner, R. (2014). Interprofessional collaboration between two rural institutions: a simulated teaching laboratory paradigm. Respiratory Care Education Annual, 23, 45-48.
- McCloud, M.B. & Barosso, J. (2021) Experiences of Pregnant Women With Obesity, Nursing for Women's Health, 25 (3), 179-186 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nwh.2021.03.004.
- Mills, M.E., Hickman, L.J., & Warren, J.I. (2014). Developing dual role nursing staff-clinical instructor: A Partnership model. Journal of Nursing Administration, 44 (2), 65-67. (Appendix A).
- Moore-Hebron, A., Darden, S. & Hinds-Jackson, D. (2018). Genitourinary complaints in young adults: A sheep in wolf's clothing. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 14(10), e217-e225.
- Nahm, E. S., Mills, M. E., Raymond, G., Costa, L., Chen, L., Nair, P., Seidel, K. K., Day, J. D., Murray, L. M., Rowen, L., Kirschling, J., Daw, P., & Haas, S. (2021) Development of an Academic-Practice Partnership Model to Anchor Care Coordination and Population Health: UMNursing Care Coordination Implementation Collaborative. Nursing Outlook, available online ahead of print January 6, 2022. ISSN 0029-6554.
- Obizoba, C. (2018). Mitigating the challenges of objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) in nursing education: A phenomenological research study. Nurse Education Today, 68,71-74.
- Perry, N., & Koharchik, L. (2014). Impact of faculty development sessions to increase faculty competency with supervision of medication administration in an associate degree program, teaching and learning in nursing.
- Persaud, S. (2019). Addressing unconscious bias: a nurse leader's role. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 43(2), 130-137.doi: 10.1097/NAQ.0000000000000348
- Rawlett, K., Friedmann, E. & Thomas, S. (2019). Mindfulness based intervention with an attentional comparison group in at risk young adolescents: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Integrative Medicine Research, 8, 101-106.
- Reid, T., Hinderer, K., Jarosinski, J., Mister, B. & Seldomridge, L. (2013). Expert clinician to clinical teacher: developing a faculty academy and mentoring initiative. Nurse Education in Practice, 13(4), 288-293.
- Roderick, M., Speroni, K., Stafford, A., & Seibert, D. (2017). Pilot evaluation of isolation patient's perceptions on ability to identify types of health care workers when wearing isolation gowns. American Journal of Infection Control, 45(3), 324-326.
- Smith, N.M. & Satyshur, R.D. (2016). Pediatric diabetes telemedicine program improves access to care for rural families: Role of APRNs. Pediatric Nursing, 42(6), 294-299.
- Snyder, B.L. (2018). Women with dissociative identity disorders who experience intimate partner violence. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing, 56(5), 26-32.
- Snyder, B.L. (2016). Women's experience of being interviewed about abuse: a qualitative systematic review. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 23(9-10), 605-613.
- Warren, J. & Mills, M. (2009). Motivating registered nurses to return for an advanced degree. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 40(5), 200-207.
- Willey, J. A. (2013). Viewing eCare through nurses' eyes: A phenomenological study. (Order No. 3578023. University of Phoenix). ProQuest Dissertations and Theses, 144.
- Webster, D. (2019). Lights, camera, action: Lessons learned from a nursing and theater collaboration. Journal of Nursing Education, 58 (6), 369-371.
- Westerfield, H.V. & Stafford, A.B. (2012). Patient's perceptions of patient care providers with tattoos and/or body piercings. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 42(3), 160-164.
Recent articles in Nursing Economic$
*reprint articles only with permission of Nursing Economic$
*for education purposes only, reprint by permission of Journal of Nursing Regulation
Annotated Code of Maryland, Education Article § 11-405. Nurse Support Program Assistance Fund , [2006, chs. 221, 222.,2016]
MNA Education Summit 4.17.2021
NSP II PPT
Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN) 2020 Convention
Associate to Bachelor's (ATB) Dual Enrollment Model: Outcomes Eight Years Post Implementation in a Large ADN Program
Karen A. Wons, MS, RN, CNE, Community College of Baltimore County
NSP II Project Director's Meeting: October 16, 2020
- 17-102 Community College of Baltimore County: Expanded Pathways to the BSN: ATB 1-2-3
- 17-117 University of Maryland: Development and Implementation of a Collaborative Nurse Practitioner Clinical Training Program
- 18-101 Anne Arundel Community College: Associate to Bachelor's Degree (ATB) Pathways Program
- 18-107 Frostburg State University: Implementation of the Nurse Practitioner Program in Western Maryland
- 19-119 Towson University: Increasing the Supply of Qualified Nurse Faculty
- 19-125 University of Maryland: Advancing Implementation and Improvement Science Education
- 20-120 Towson University: Entry Level Master’s of Science In Nursing
- 20-123 University of Maryland: Building Clinical Nursing Faculty Competency in Maryland
- 21-110 Johns Hopkins University: DNP in Nurse Anesthesiology
- 21-114 Morgan State University: Statewide Student Mentoring Initiative/Implementation of the RWJ-AACN Mentoring Toolkit
- 21-117 University of Maryland: Care Coordination Education-to-Practice Scale-Up Implementation
- 21-205 Salisbury University: Cohen Scholars
- 21-206 University of Maryland: Cohen Scholars
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: December 13, 2019
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: June 24, 2019
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: March 8, 2019
- NSP II 16-112: Johns Hopkins University: SPAN
- NSP II 16-126: Wor-Wic Community College: Center for Academic and Career Success in Nursing (CACSIN)
- NSP II 16-703: University of Maryland: Nurse Leadership Institute
- NSP II 16-803: Salisbury University: Eastern Shore Faculty Academy & Mentorship Initiative (ESFAMI)
- NSP II 17-102: Community College of Baltimore County: Expanded Pathways to the BSN 1, 2, 3
- NSP II 17-104: Chesapeake College: Academic Progressions in Nursing
- NSP II 18-101: Anne Arundel Community College: Academic Progression RN to BSN/MSN
- NSP II 18-120: Salisbury University: Toolkits to Enhance Communication Skills for Leadership Development in Nursing Students and RNs on the Eastern Shore of Maryland
- NSP II 18-121: Salisbury University: Maryland Nurse Educator Career Portal (ECAP)
- NSP II 19-106 & 16-111: Harford Community College: Cecil-Harford Academic Progression in Nursing
- NSP II 19-107 & 17-106: Hood College: Increasing Capacity for Pre-licensure Graduatess
- NSP II 19-116: Notre Dame of Maryland University: Accelerated Second Degree BSN
- NSP II 19-119: Towson University: Increasing the Supply of Qualified Nurse Faculty
- NSP II 19-120 & 16-118: Towson University: APIN/online
- NSP II 19-123: University of Maryland: PTECH @ Dunbar High School for Health Professions with BCCC
- NSP II 19-125: University of Maryland: AdvISE
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: June 24, 2018
- NSP II 16-111: Harford Community College: Cecil-Harford Academic Progression in Nursing Initiative
- NSP II 16-114 & 17-127: Montgomery College ADN-BSN and M2ADN
- NSP II 16-115 & 17-108: Morgan State University: NCLEX & CCNE Progress
- NSP II 16-124 & 17-120: University of Maryland: Faculty Mentorship
- NSP II 16-803: Salisbury University: Eastern Shore Faculty Academy & Mentorship Initiative
- NSP II 17-102: Community College of Baltimore County: Associate to Bachelor's
- NSP II 17-110: Notre Dame of Maryland University: RN to BSN Curriculum Revisions to Expand Delivery Options
- NSP II 17-115: University of Maryland: Care Coordination
- NSP II 17-117: University of Maryland: Development & Implementation of a Collaborative Nurse Practitioner Clinical Training Program
- NSP II 18-114: Johns Hopkins University: Peds Simulation Telepresence Robotics
- NSP II 18-121: Salisbury University: Maryland Nurse Educator Career Portal
- NSP II 18-122: Towson University: Collaborative Partnership Program (CaPP)
- NSP II 18-127: University of Maryland: Preparing Clinical Faculty
Salisbury University Awards Ceremony: April 25, 2018
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: June 16, 2017
- NSP II 16-101: Baltimore City Community College: Nursing 4.0
- NSP II 16-102: Bowie State University: Nursing Student Success Center (NSSC)
- NSP II 17-114: Stevenson University: Progress Through Partnerships: Increasing the Number of Baccalaureate & Master's Prepared Nurses in Maryland
- NSP II 17-121: University of Maryland: FNP Expansion to Universities at Shady Grove
- NSP II 17-123: University of Maryland: RUSH (Recruit, Unite, Support, Hire)
NSP II Project Directors Meeting: October 2, 2015
- NSP II Project Directors Presentation
- NSP II 12-113: Salisbury University: ES-FAMI
- NSP II 12-115 & 14-112: Stevenson University: Shared Simulation Educators
- NSP II 13-102: Coppin State University: Operation Success Initiative
- NSP II 13-110: Salisbury University: Expediting Doctoral Education
- NSP II 14-102: The Community College of Baltimore County: ATB Program
- NSP II 14-112 & 16-124: University of Maryland: Preparing & Mentoring Faculty
- NSP II 15-118: Salisbury University: Faculty Toolkits
- NSP II 16-112: John Hopkins University: SPAN
- NSP II 16-117: Salisbury University: ES-WSFI