NSP II Updates
Reporting Due Dates
- FY 2021 Annual Reports: Due August 31, 2021
- FY 2021 Final Reports: Due September 30, 2021
Reminder: Due Date for Annual Reports
Please note the due date for annual reports has changed to August 31st each year to allow for year end close and actual expenditure reporting.
New Form for Annual Reports
The annual report budget summary template has been updated. The annual budget summary reports actual expenditures instead of projected expenditures (previously). Please use the updated form for reporting. Please submit via email by due date to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and via U.S. mail by due date with original signatures on budget summary forms. Photocopied/pdf signatures are not acceptable.
- FY 2022 New Nursing Faculty Fellowship (NNFF) Nominations: Due 8.31.2021
- FY 2022 Nurse Educator Doctoral Grant (NEDG) Nominations: Due 9.30.2021
- FY 2022 MCSRC Nominations: 11.15.2021
- FY 2022 MCSRC Equipment Requests: 11.18.2021
- FY 2022 Nurse Faculty Annual Recognition (NFAR) Nominations: Due 10.31.2021
- FY 2021 Academic Nurse Educator Certification (ANEC): Due 3.15.2022
- FY 2022 NSP II Competitive Grant Applications: Due January 2022
Senate Bill 108
Senate Bill 108 was introduced during the 2016 Maryland legislative session to remove the term "bedside" as a descriptor in the statutory provision that establishes the NSP II. Instead of focusing on "bedside" nurses, SB 108 allows the NSP II to expand the projects eligible for NSP II funding to keep pace with the rapidly changing provision of health care services. SB 108 was voted favorable by the Maryland Senate and the House and was approved by the Governor on April 26, 2016.
For information on undergraduate and other nursing scholarships (not related to teaching), see the MHEC Office of Student Financial Assistance, Workforce Shortage Student Assistance Grant (WSSAG) program page. The WSSAG is for students who plan on working in specific career/occupational programs upon graduation, including nursing. For more information or to submit WSSAG documents, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about your financial aid application or award, please log into MDCAPS at https://mdcaps.mhec.state.md.us and send an email through your secure account to the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA).
Phone Number:(410) 767-3300
Toll Free Phone:(800) 974-0203